If you have ever tried to print a document in Word for Mac and found that the preview text is showing up on the printed page, you may be wondering how to hide it. The preview text is a handy feature that allows you to see what your document will look like before you print it, but it can be distracting or unnecessary when you actually want to print the document.
To hide the preview text when printing in Word for Mac, there are a few simple steps you can follow. First, open your document in Word. Then, go to the “File” menu and select “Print.” In the Print dialog box, you will see a section called “Preview” with a checkbox next to it. Uncheck the box next to “Preview” to hide the preview text.
Alternatively, you can use a keyboard shortcut to hide the preview text. With your document open, press Command+P to open the Print dialog box. Then, press the Option key and you will see that the “Preview” checkbox changes to “Hide Preview.” Check the box next to “Hide Preview” to hide the preview text.
It’s important to note that hiding the preview text will not affect the actual content of your document, it will only hide the preview text when you print it. This can be useful if you want to save ink or if you simply find the preview text distracting. Remember to uncheck or check the “Preview” or “Hide Preview” box as needed before you print your document.
Step 1: Open the Document
To start hiding the preview text when printing in Word for Mac, you will first need to open the document you want to print. This can be done by navigating to the file location and double-clicking on the document file, or by opening Word for Mac and selecting “Open” from the File menu to browse for the document.
Step 2: Access Print Settings
Once you have opened your document in Microsoft Word for Mac, you will need to access the print settings to hide the preview text when printing.
- Click on the “File” tab in the top left corner of the screen.
- A drop-down menu will appear. Select the “Print” option from the menu.
- The print settings dialog box will open with several options.
- Make sure the correct printer is selected in the “Printer” section.
- Scroll down and locate the “Print Options” section.
- Check the box next to “Print hidden text” to enable this option.
- Uncheck the box next to “Print comments and ink markup” if you do not want those elements to appear in your printed document.
- Verify that all other print settings are configured as desired.
- Click the “Print” button to proceed with printing your document.
By following these steps, you will be able to access the print settings in Microsoft Word for Mac and hide the preview text when printing your document.
Step 3: Customize Print Layout
Once you have chosen the print settings for your Word document, you can further customize the print layout to ensure that the preview text is hidden when you print. Here’s how:
- Go to the “Layout” tab on the Ribbon at the top of the Word window.
- Click on “Margins” and select “Custom Margins” from the drop-down menu.
- In the “Custom Margins” dialog box, adjust the margins so that the preview text falls outside the printable area.
- Click “OK” to apply the new margin settings.
- Go to the “Insert” tab on the Ribbon.
- Click on “Header” or “Footer” and select the desired style.
- Edit the text in the header or footer by removing the preview text or leaving it blank.
- Close the header or footer by clicking on the main body of the document.
Option 1: Hide the Preview Text
To completely hide the preview text, you can adjust the margins of your document. You can do this by following these steps:
By adjusting the margins, you can ensure that the preview text is hidden when you print your document.
Option 2: Modify Headers and Footers
If you only want to hide the preview text in the headers and footers, you can modify them by following these steps:
Modifying the headers and footers allows you to hide the preview text that appears in those areas when you print.
By customizing the print layout in these ways, you can ensure that the preview text is hidden when printing your Word document on a Mac.
Step 4: Hide Preview Text
To hide preview text when printing in Word for Mac, you can follow these simple steps:
- Open the Word document that you want to print.
- Go to the “File” menu and select “Print” (you can also use the keyboard shortcut Command+P).
- In the Print dialog box, click on the “Preview” button at the bottom left corner.
- In the preview pane, you will see a toolbar at the top. Click on the “View” button.
- A drop-down menu will appear. Uncheck the “Preview” option to hide the preview text.
- Close the preview by clicking on the “Done” button in the top-right corner of the preview pane.
- Now, you are ready to print the document without any preview text.
This method allows you to hide the preview text only when printing, while still being able to see it on your screen as you work on your document.
By hiding the preview text, you can ensure that the printed version of your Word document looks clean and professional.
How can I hide the preview text when printing a document in Word for Mac?
To hide the preview text when printing a document in Word for Mac, you can go to the “File” menu, select “Print,” and then click on the “Options” button. In the “Print” dialog box, uncheck the option that says “Print Preview Text” and click “OK.” This will prevent the preview text from being printed.
Is it possible to hide the preview text only for specific pages when printing in Word for Mac?
Yes, it is possible to hide the preview text only for specific pages when printing in Word for Mac. First, select the specific pages you want to hide the preview text from by clicking and dragging to highlight them. Then, go to the “Format” menu and select “Font.” In the “Font” dialog box, check the option that says “Hidden” and click “OK.” This will hide the preview text for the selected pages only when printing.