If you’re a Mac OS user and you’re not a fan of Skype for Business, you’ll be happy to know that disabling it is a simple and straightforward process. Whether you prefer to use an alternative communication platform or simply find Skype for Business unnecessary, this step-by-step guide will walk you through the process of disabling it on your Mac.
Step 1: First, open Skype for Business on your Mac and sign in using your credentials.
Step 2: Once signed in, navigate to the “Skype for Business” menu at the top left corner of your screen and click on it.
Step 3: From the dropdown menu, select “Preferences” to access the Skype for Business settings.
Step 4: In the Preferences window, navigate to the “Personal” tab.
Step 5: Under the “General” section, you’ll find the option to “Automatically start Skype for Business when I log on to my computer.” Uncheck this option to prevent Skype for Business from starting automatically.
Step 6: Next, navigate to the “Status” tab within the Preferences window.
Step 7: Under the “Personal note” section, click on the “Change your note” button.
Step 8: In the “Set your status” dropdown menu that appears, select “Appear as Offline” to effectively disable Skype for Business.
Note: Disabling Skype for Business will prevent it from running in the background and appearing in your system tray. However, it will not uninstall the application from your Mac.
By following these simple steps, you can easily disable Skype for Business on your Mac OS and enjoy a communication platform of your choice.
How to Disable Skype for Business on Mac OS – Easy-to-Follow Guide
If you are using a Mac and want to disable Skype for Business, you can follow these simple steps to do so. Whether you no longer use the application or want to stop it from automatically launching on startup, this guide will walk you through the process.
Step 1: Quit Skype for Business
The first step is to ensure that Skype for Business is not running on your Mac. To quit the application, click on the Skype for Business menu in the top menu bar and select “Quit Skype for Business”. Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut Command + Q to quit the application.
Step 2: Remove Skype for Business from Login Items
If you want to prevent Skype for Business from automatically launching when you start your Mac, you need to remove it from the list of login items. Here’s how:
- Go to the Apple menu in the top left corner of the screen and select “System Preferences”.
- In the System Preferences window, click on “Users & Groups”.
- Select your user account from the list on the left side of the window.
- Click on the “Login Items” tab.
- Look for Skype for Business in the list of login items and select it.
- Click on the minus (-) button below the list to remove Skype for Business from the login items.
Step 3: Move Skype for Business to Trash
If you no longer want to have Skype for Business installed on your Mac, you can move it to the Trash to uninstall it. Here’s how:
- Open a Finder window.
- In the sidebar, click on “Applications” to access the Applications folder.
- Locate Skype for Business in the Applications folder.
- Drag and drop Skype for Business from the Applications folder to the Trash.
- Right-click on the Trash icon in the Dock and select “Empty Trash” to permanently delete Skype for Business from your Mac.
By following these steps, you can easily disable Skype for Business on your Mac OS. Whether you want to prevent it from launching on startup or completely remove it from your system, this guide has you covered. Enjoy a clutter-free Mac experience!
Step 1: Accessing System Preferences
To disable Skype for Business on Mac OS, you will need to access your System Preferences. Here’s how:
- Click on the Apple menu icon, located in the top left corner of your screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select “System Preferences”.
Once you have accessed the System Preferences, you will be able to make the necessary changes to disable Skype for Business on your Mac.
Step 2: Navigating to “Skype for Business” Preferences
Once you have successfully launched the Skype for Business application on your Mac, you can proceed to navigate to the “Preferences” menu to disable the application.
Here’s how you can do that:
|1.||Click on the “Skype for Business” menu located in the top-left corner of the screen.|
|2.||A drop-down menu will appear. Select the “Preferences” option from the list.|
|3.||The “Skype for Business” Preferences window will open.|
In case you are unable to locate the “Preferences” option, you can also use the keyboard shortcut Command + , to directly open the Preferences window.
That’s it! You have now successfully navigated to the “Skype for Business” Preferences on your Mac. In the next step, we will look at how to disable the Skype for Business application.
Step 3: Disabling Skype for Business
Follow these steps to disable Skype for Business on your Mac:
- Open Skype for Business on your Mac.
- Click on the “Skype for Business” menu at the top of the screen.
- Select “Preferences” from the drop-down menu.
- In the Preferences window, go to the “General” tab.
- Uncheck the box next to “Automatically start Skype for Business when I log in to my computer”.
- Close the Preferences window.
- Click on the “Skype for Business” menu again.
- Select “Quit Skype for Business”.
Skype for Business is now disabled on your Mac. You won’t see it starting up automatically when you log in to your computer.
Step 4: Verifying the Deactivation
After completing the previous steps to disable Skype for Business on your Mac, it is important to verify that the deactivation was successful. Follow these steps to ensure that Skype for Business is no longer running on your computer:
- Open the “Finder” application on your Mac.
- Click on the “Applications” folder in the left sidebar.
- Locate and double-click on the “Microsoft Office” folder.
- Find the “Skype for Business” application in the list of installed Microsoft Office applications.
- If you see the Skype for Business application, it means that it is still installed on your Mac and you will need to repeat the steps to ensure proper deactivation. If you don’t see the application, it means that Skype for Business has been successfully deactivated.
By verifying the deactivation, you can be sure that Skype for Business will not run in the background and interfere with your computer’s performance. If you ever need to re-enable Skype for Business, you can simply follow the steps to activate it again.
Is it possible to disable Skype for Business on Mac OS?
Yes, it is possible to disable Skype for Business on Mac OS. You can either remove the application completely or prevent it from launching at startup.